Braised Pork Chops with Cranberry Walnut Chutney
Description:Here’s a tasty and festive entrée for the winter season!
Serving Size:1 pork chop + 2 tablespoons chutney
Nutritional Facts:Calories: 345.0
Total Fat: 17.0g
Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim any visible fat from the pork chops and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of each chop with the salt-free seasoning and black pepper.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil and a generous amount of cooking spray to an oven-safe dutch oven or a large skillet heated over high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, sear each side of the four pork chops until golden brown on each side.
- Sprinkle the sliced onions over the pork chops and pour the broth on top.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the pork chops are fork tender.
- While the pork chops are braising, add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil to a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots (or onions) and sauté until they begin to caramelize.
- Add the remaining chutney ingredients except the nuts and simmer until almost all of the liquid evaporates and the chutney is thick and syrupy.
- Stir in the nuts and remove from the heat. Set aside to cool slightly. The chutney should be served at room temperature.
- Once the pork chops are done braising, remove the chops from the dutch oven and set aside, leaving the onions and liquid in the pan. Put the dutch oven back on top of the stove over medium high heat. Simmer until almost all of the liquid is evaporated. Pour over the pork chops.
- Serve one pork chop with ¼ of the onions and 2 tablespoons of the chutney
4 loin-cut bone in pork chops
1 tablespoon salt-free Spike seasoning (or other all-purpose seasoning like Mrs. Dash)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 large onion, sliced
1 1/2 cups low sodium, fat-free chicken broth