Spinach Mushroom Egg and Ham Cups
Description:These egg and ham cups are absolutely delicious and satisfying. They are also much better for your blood glucose than a bowl of sugary cereal. As an added bonus, you get some veggies in this low-carb breakfast too.
Serving Size:1 ham muffin
Nutritional Facts:Calories: 70.0
Total Fat: 4.5g
Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Line 8 of the muffin cups with a slice of ham.
- Add the oil to a sauté pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for another 3 minutes. Set the vegetables aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, spinach and mushrooms, pepper, and cheese (optional).
- Carefully fill the 8 muffin cups (lined with ham) with the egg mixture until 2/3 full (try to not let eggs drip on the sides underneath the ham slices).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes. Use a fork to go around the edges and loosen the ham and egg cups. Use a fork to scoop out each cup.
8 slices deli-style smoked ham (1/2 ounce each)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
1 cup baby spinach, chopped
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/3 cup reduced-fat, shredded cheese (optional)