Chickpea Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
Description:Try this healthy and delicious dish with a new type of pasta made from chickpeas. The pasta is loaded with fiber, lower in carbs, gluten-free and has a lower glycemic index. The brand name of pasta used here was Banza and it was found at a local grocery store.
Serving Size:1 1/3 cup
Nutritional Facts:Calories: 265.0
Total Fat: 9.0g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the zucchini and broccoli in a bowl. Add the olive oil, salt (optional), and pepper; toss to coat and spread on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the oven.
- While the vegetables are baking, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Note it says not to boil water for pasta, but rather to bring the water to near boiling and let the pasta sit in the water 4-6 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta after cooking. Add the chicken broth to pot. Add the pasta, cooked vegetables, and oregano to the pot and mix well.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
2 medium zucchini, diced
12 ounces broccoli florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
8 ounce box chickpea penne pasta
½ cup fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese